Basic tips for constructing a durable and aesthetically pleasing clinker wall
1. Prepare mortar suitable for clinker bricks (other mortars, especially containing lime, may cause efflorescence).
2. It is necessary to prepare enough mortar and bricks for a given section of construction – supplying additional materials during work may lead to differences in the appearance of fragments of the wall.
3. Pallets need to be unloaded carefully and properly laid. Bricks on the site must be protected from dirt and atmospheric influences. To prevent bricks from getting soiled from the ground side, they must not be laid directly on the ground. Covering the material with foil protects it from getting wet during rain.
4. Before laying, prepare bricks from different pallets, in order to mix them properly. By mixing the bricks, minor differences in color that are allowed by building standards will be imperceptible.
5. Staranne murowanie i dokładne wypełnienie spoin pozwoli uniknąć uciążliwych prac dodatkowych.
5. Careful masonry and accurate filling of joints will prevent burdensome additional work.
6. The mortar must always be prepared according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Parts of elements are best adjusted by using a stone saw or grinder-cutter.
8. To properly fit the mortar to the bricks, wet the bricks.
9. When grouting, first apply mortar and then press and level.
10. Fresh walls must be protected from the sun, water and, of course, from dirt.
11. When the whole structure has hardened, the mortar residue should be removed with a wooden spatula or with a joint brush.